Wednesday 20 February 2019

Brexit, Bloody Brexit!

It's a bit early I know and nobody really knows what's going to happen at the moment but if we crash out of the EU without a deal, there's a real possibility that I may have to pay for a visa to go on this bloody trip. In the great scheme of Brexit, I know it's only a small thing but that would really make it personal.

Not much to say, with just 110 days to go. I'm still waiting for our final 'other' hotel to become available. I had expected it to show available already but maybe it IS actually booked. It does only have 8 rooms. I'll keep on checking though, at least for a little while longer.

Sanch seems to have fully recovered from his hip operation now and has moved on from walking 3 or 4 miles a day, to getting his leg over his beloved Honda Shadow once more. This all bodes well for when we get on the continent.

I mentioned in the last post that I had invited the other Route 66ers to join us when we are in Portsmouth. At the moment, it looks like just me, Sanch, Simon and Viv. Talking of Route 66ers, yesterday was the 5th anniversary of our Wild Hog chum Bill's sad departure from this world. Needless to say, we were thinking of him and the family and rest assured also, that he shall be with us in spirit on this trip, as we'll have his Harley Davidson bandana with us once more. Gone but not forgotten.

In a little under a month, Ginny will be 1 year old! She's still tucked up in the garage on her trickle charger at the moment but the weather is perking up a bit, so who knows, she might get a run out fairly soon. I'll need to put a few miles on her before this trip, as I'll need to get her serviced before we go. I have a potential trip to my daughter in Exeter, for her birthday and a definite trip to Le Mans with my brother, to watch the MotoGP race, both in May. That should get me to the 6k service interval nicely.

Think that's it for now.

Bill Walker, a.k.a. Wild Hog Dudley. R.I.P.

No comments:

Post a Comment