Sunday 24 March 2019

Oh Bugger!

Well, that was a bit of a shock, to say the least. Last night I received an email/message from the hotel I have booked for us in Portsmouth, for the night before we sail, to say that it is changing ownership and that the new owners plan on having it refurbished before they start running the business. That means the hotel can no longer accept my booking. Mild panic ensued whilst I searched other hotels on booking.com, with nothing coming close to what I'd already booked, at least not at a reasonable price. Checking alternatives, Holiday Inn, Travelodge, Premier Inn, etc, I settled on the Portsmouth Travelodge. It has a Hungry Horse on site restaurant and just across the car park a pub, so I think it will satisfy our requirements where dinner/breakfast and beer are concerned, plus it is literally a 2 minute ride to the ferry terminal. It's not the first time I've had a booked hotel spring that sort of surprise on me but we're sorted now. I guess you don't have that problem when pitching a tent!

Simon & Viv, our Route 66 pals, were also booked into the hotel, for a re-union, so hopefully they will be able to book in the Travelodge and we can still meet up.

In a few weeks time, Brittany Ferries will take the balance of the ferry fare, so there'll be no turning back after that. Apart from that little hotel scare, everything is tickety-boo.  Let's hope it stays that way.

Before I hit the road with Sanch, I'm off to Le Mans in May with my brother Paul, for MotoGP. You'll be able to read about that in my blog, https://ndtea.blogspot.com/

That's all for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment