Wednesday 22 May 2019

I can almost smell the sea now

3 weeks today Grizzly and I will be on board the Cap Finistère, bound for Bilbao. It's a long overnight trip and all being well, we shall arrive in Bilbao 24 hours later, around 12:45.

Brittany Ferries' Cap Finistère


My prep has already started. As my luggage was already out this weekend, from the Le Mans trip, I have taken the opportunity to try and pack everything in, that I intend to take, mainly to gauge what I can actually take, for a 30 day trip. Clearly I shan't be taking 30 sets of everything, so this dry run has given me a good insight into what I can and can't fit in the panniers. We will have a couple of 2 nighters along the way, so there may well be some opportunity to wash some things along the way. On our 2014 tour, I wore 2 sports t-shirts for riding and swapped them each day. They are quick dry material, so I was able to wash them in the evening. I'm hoping that the drying process will be made a bit easier this time, with us being in Portugal/Spain, rather than rainy Germany, as we were then, so the opportunity is there (hopefully) to wash other bits and pieces and have them dry in baking summer temperatures!

Before we set off, we are meeting with our Route 66 chums Simon & Viv. I had hoped it would be a reunion of the entire crew, Dudley excepted but being midweek, David & Francoise can't make it down and Biggsy, well he's as reliable as a Rolex watch bought in Bodrum market! Maybe in 2020, the 10th anniversary, we can get together.

Nothing else to say at this juncture.

Adios


2 comments: