Saturday 13 July 2019

Back in Blighty

Not sure what the problem was with the ship but we didn't buy the currents thing. We were even later docking than they had said, so it was gone 16:30 by the time we rolled out of the bowels of the ship.

Sanch and I said our goodbyes, before firing up the bikes, with a handshake and a man hug and a promise to keep each other updated on our progress via whatsapp. Sanch had another night on the road, whereas I'd be back in my own bed for the first time in a month.

As usual, we were directed to UK border control. Unusually, all bikers were directed to remove their crash helmets, even those with flip style, like Sanch and I.  There's nothing like consistency and this IS nothing like it. In May, Paul and I came back from Le Mans and didn't have to take the helmets off!

It was 16:45 as I left the docks, 2.5 hours after our timetabled arrival time. I arrived home at 18:38. I'd wound Ginny up to 70mph and set the cruise. It was the fastest she'd been in a month. As expected, the M25 was heaving and I needed to filter on several occasions, which slowed me down a fair bit, especially when coming up against the prime filter blocker, the Land Rover Discovery!

Catherine was waiting for me when I got home and helped me carry in my luggage. I was really pleased to see her after so long, despite us having had a few phone calls, there's nothing better than a big hug.

For me the tour is over. All that remains is for me to post some tour stats and to bore the pants off Catherine by making her sit through 500+ photos!


Don & Sanch, Over & Out






No comments:

Post a Comment