Sunday 7 July 2019

Day 27

It's day 27 and things are getting smelly. Despite several t-shirt washes and copious amounts of Febreze, these hot days in the saddle, are beginning to take their toll. The last two days have been particularly humid, so we are dripping wet, after just a couple of hours. If we get caught in a shower, we shan't be getting the waterproofs out but the travel wash!

I'd set us up to take the coast road to our fuel stop in Tossa de Mar, with a waypoint in Malgrat de Mar, last visited in 1969. I wanted to get a photo of the town sign, it was my first holiday abroad at 9 years old but after driving around a few times, gave up. Not even sure it was Malgrat, though I thought I recognised one bit, where the road goes under the railway. The coast road didn't turn out how I expected, so we probably wasted our time. Still, we arrived in Tossa and fuelled up. I could see the castle up on the cliff overlooking the beach, so that's not changed. 😁


1 comment:

  1. The Malgrat hotel looked the same when Claire and I had a stop a few years ago. Looks like a refit since...https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/htopplanamar.en-gb.html

    ReplyDelete