Thursday 4 July 2019

Z Day Sightseeing Pt 2

After lunch we went to check out the Puente de Piedra, which spans the river Ebro. I figured this would be the best place to get a decent shot of the Basillica.  The bridge dates from 1401 - 1440, though it has seen some rebuilding due to flood damage and has also survived 2 sieges by Napoleon's army in 1808 and 1809.

Sure enough, over the bridge, you get the best Basillica pic. 


Bridge & Basillica 

By now we were feeling the effects of walking around in the heat, so decided to head back to the hotel for our own siesta and freshen up. My backside was very sweaty and I had on light coloured shorts, not a good combo. 

When we got back at the hotel, I discovered just how bad, as the colour (pink) had run from my pants, so I now have some pink and beige shorts! Thing is, I only ever wash my stuff at 30 degrees and it's 37 outside. My butt cheeks have, effectively, been washing my pants in 37 degree sweat! I jumped in the shower, to cool off and wash the pink off my arse. Maybe, in hindsight, I should have gone commando.

Sanch has had a snooze, whilst I've written this. When he wakes, he'll wash and will then be ready for his beer and dinner. We'll try and find somewhere nearer the hotel tonight, as the old fella was flagging a bit in the heat earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment