Monday 8 July 2019

Tarascon sur Ariege

At Tarascon, we're in a B&B. Luckily they speak some English and I have enough of my schoolboy French to make myself understood. It's a bit weird having to go through the living room, whilst the family are all watching tv, to go out but as the lady said, it is their home, not a hotel. I'm half expecting to sit down to brekkie with them all tomorrow!

We popped out, had a quick look round, then found a bar and something to eat. There's a castle tower ovetlooking the town and the river. I walked up, whilst Sanch went back to the room.


River Arierge & Castle Tower


Tomorrow we head further west through the Pyrenees but the plan is to start with a local prehistoric park, where I believe there are some cave paintings. Likelihood is it will rain. I wonder who will put on waterproofs?


Tarascon from the tower 





No comments:

Post a Comment