Monday 1 July 2019

Staggered

Day 21 started much the same as the previous few, temperature in the low 20s and a mixture of fast sweepers and tight twisties, as we climbed yet another mountain. The spectacular views just keep coming. Accompanying us on the first part of the journey was the smell of olives. Unsurprisingly, as we rode through another 70 miles of olive trees, until we reached Cazorla at the foot of the steep mountain climb.  I'm staggered by the numbers involved and the area covered. I'd like to guess Spain is the world's leading olive/oil producing country. 

Tomtom threw us another curved ball in Cazorla. Indicating a faster route through the town, which I duly took, it then totally lost the plot, culminating in us riding down what I think was a one way street, against the traffic. Only a couple of cars were on it, luckily and neither  abused us, so either it wasn't one way or they were just too shocked, being confronted by over 300kgs of big red beemer.

Up the mountain I took the following photo, hoping it shows the extent of the olive groves. Zoom in on all the spotty fields.



Arrived at our hotel in Manzanares just after 15:00. It's a bit like last night's, alongside a main road/motorway, a way outside the town. No English spoken, as far as I can gleen from check in. We can have dinner here and beer of course, so it'll do. Hopefully the breakfast experience will be better than this morning's. 

Coffee, juice and half a toasted baguette with butter and jam! When I asked about queso y jamon, was told no. Another waiter did give us some slices of cheese though. Hard to argue when you don't speak the lingo and they, I suspect, choose not to speak English. I wouldn't stay there again.

Nearly beer time.



No comments:

Post a Comment