Friday 12 July 2019

The Last Supper

Two baldy bikers do fine dining.

Our end of tour dinner was a bit more up market than most of the grub we've stuffed our faces with. We decided we'd try the proper restaurant, for which you have to book. There are 3 different priced menus. We chose the cheapest (£21.75) which gives 2 courses. Either starter or pud, plus the main. 5 choices of main, 2 fish, beef, lamb & veggie. I can't eat beef, don't eat fish out, so opted for the lamb, Sanch the beef. I don't know how this equates but Sanch had 4 pieces of steak and some veg, whilst I had a bowl with some cous cous, a tiny portion of pulled lamb and some shredded cucumber on top. Sanch had had asparagus soup to start but I opted for profiteroles for pud. The pud, I have to say, did go some way to making up for the minuscule main portion and the way the waitress poured the chocolate sauce, well, got me all of a quiver!

Whilst we were dining, not by a window, a pod of dolphins came to play. I'd seen a couple of whales earlier but we didn't see these. After dinner we made for the bar and were lucky enough to see dolphins leaping in the ship's wake. I saw some more and another whale as I waited for the sunset. Sanch was on his 6th pint by then.



It's dusk now and almost bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment