Friday 14 June 2019

Brilliant start

We hit the road just before 10am. A bit later than planned, as there was a 'situation' regarding the bill. Booking.com had said price was €60.50. Lady wanted to charge me more, saying that was winter rate and they were now on summer rate. I've not had that before. To her credit, she charged me winter rate only, so at least I walked away happy.  

The weather was glorious, if a tad chilly and the roads dry. No point in me saying how twisty the roads were but suffice to say they kept us on our toes. The scenery was spectacular, as we climbed in the clouds, literally, with some of the peaks showing a few patches of snow. 

We pulled off the main road, having avoided a herd of cows and climbed a precarious road to Collado de Llesba. At the top, their were no lesbians but a lot more cows. Some were taking a liking to the vehicles, demonstrating that by licking them. One decide to give Ginny a lick too. Sanch was worried it would knock Ginny over, so shooed it away. The cow had taste though, it didn't bother with his Shadow!




We took a few snaps then hit the road again, passing a beautiful lake, remeniscent of Norway. We made a stop at a brown signed attraction, the Fuente de Diablo. It's a couple of waterfalls and a tiny fountain, barely worth the stop. The water tasted cold and fresh but I didn't drink any, just in case.

Back on the road I had a near miss with some clown in a Suzuki jeep, who was in the middle of the road on one of the many blind bends, as I came round. No harm done. 

And then.........

No comments:

Post a Comment