Thursday 20 June 2019

You couldn't write it

You will though, said Catherine. Too right.

When we finally arrived at the Foz Tua hotel, gone 7:30pm, the guy on the desk tells me the room isn't ready. What? He procedes to explain and shows me some paperwork. Unbelievably, another guy called Neil turned up on the same day. They say, are you Neill, he says yes and they give him the room. But that's not the whole story, for this other Neil had booked for 19th May, so was a month late! Bit of a knobhead if you ask me. Never got to meet him to tell him though.

We waited about 10 minutes for the room to be readied, during which time we had a beer. We needed a drink after the ride we'd just had. We had a quick turn around a walked the 50 metres to the restaurant up the road. It's a posh looking place, somewhat spoilt by having a tv on the wall. Not really in keeping.

Sanch had a venison stew, I veal. The veal, was not quite what I was expecting. Not a white steak, such as we'd have at home but a red steak and not just one but three! Yes, I kid you not. Three blooming steaks, a single person's portion. With fries, salad and some greens it came with, this was a massive portion of food. Needless to say, it didn't all get eaten but I had a good go at it. As red meat usually has it's revenge on me, I'm waiting for the repercussions.

Stuffed and with a couple of beers sloshing around too, we made our way back to the hotel and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment