Saturday 22 June 2019

!"£$%^& Mosquitos

Who would have thought that mossies would live thousands of feet up. Discovered after we'd woken up from a night in our mountain retreat that the room was shared with at least half  dozen mossies. Still no ill effects, until that was, 24 hours later. I woke up scrathing my hand and saw 2 red bumps. Luckily I brought me repellant and sting ease sprays. It did the trick. However, it soon became apparent that they had also got at Sanch and as he tends to sleep with more flesh outside the covers than me, they'd made a banquet of him.

More lumps have appeared on me today, about 5 on my hands and a couple on my face but Sanch has them on his arms, face but worst of all, on the back of his head. His bonce looks like a join the dots puzzle. Th bastard things usually feast on me and I come up in huge lumps but looks like I got off fairly lightly compared to the old fella.

Someone please tell me why these feckin things exist. They do no good that I'm ware of, carrying disease, etc, so why the eff do we have them?

Kill on sight has always been my policy. If I'd known we had them in the room, I'd not have slept until every last bastard thing was squished.

1 comment:

  1. Audrey and I always carried a tin of fly spray. Close the windows, and couple of five second bursts and close the door. Come back an hour or so later and the bastards are all dead. Sweep 'em up and down the bog.

    ReplyDelete