Tuesday 18 June 2019

Daft Bollix!

An interesting ride un the rain this one, including riding up the steepest hill I've ever ridden up ( TF it wasn't the unpaved section) and then across wet cobbles in a village up with the gods, where Sanch and I became separated.

Sanch is cautious in the wet but after waiting a couple of minutes for him to catch up I guessed our  Tomtoms had got misaligned, either that or he'd fallen off! I carried on, knowing that if he wasn't lying in a ditch, we'd meet at our destination. 

Thankfully he hadn't fallen off and was in his way to Chaves, where we now sit. My thoughts were correct, tomtoms weren't aligned. That was because I  (dozy bollix) had the wrong route in mine!

My route took me up into the clouds and I do mean clouds, where  visability was very poor. Fog lights were required. Not to help vision but to make sure the Portugese clowns saw me coming. It has been noticeable the difference in driving standards from Spain to here. Portugese seem to have difficulty staying on their side of the road, mainly because they ignore speed limits and drive too fast around each twisty bend. As I said, clowns.

Re-united we gave taken some snaps of Emporer Trajan's Bridge and had a coffee. Sanch also had a hot dog or puppy as google translate said. Now off to the castle. 



1 comment:

  1. Pix great on mobile version. Too big on desktop version.

    ReplyDelete