Sunday 23 June 2019

Wanna buy something to smoke?

The journey to Lisbon and ride into the city was very easy. Apart from the odd knob cutting me up, all went well.

The hotel has free underground parking.  A guy has to lower a thin chain to let us in, then says something I don't understand. Inevitably I go wrong. He shouts some more and points. I'm sure he says something about dois (two) but don't know what. He could have meant level -2 or 2 bikes in 1 bay. We went to -2 and stuck the bikes in separate bays. Bollox to him. I did mention this to the girl at check in  but she seemed unconcerned.

With a quick turn around we went to see the sights. First a museum that houses a roman theatre. Strange. You can view a lot for free but they charge €3 for another part.  We were too late for that. Not sure what we missed. 


The Roman Theatre 

From the museum we went to check out a tower, Elevador de Santa Justa. It's a metal tower with a lift and a huge queue waiting to go up it. We take pics.  Incredibly, in this area, I get asked 3 times by some shady characters, if I want something to smoke and am shown balls of weed. I tell them I don't smoke. 


The Elevador

Down by the river Tejo we take photos of a big arch and a big statue, before making our way back for something to eat. We choose a 'healthy pizza' washed down with a craft beer. Both were very nice. Then it's back to the hotel. In the square some asian guys are playing cricket! They have only one set of stumps, 2 water bottles but do have a proper looking bat and tennis ball. They are having fun and there is quite a crowd.


Crafty


This is our last night in Portugal. Given the  issues with tomtom we've had and the adverse road / weather conditions we've encountered, I can't say I'm too bothered. Tomorrow we shall end the day in Merida, where we have a 2 night stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment