Sunday 30 June 2019

Dozy Bollix x 50,000

Sanch had calculated that he would hit 50k miles on his Shadslow today, so wanted to stop and take a picture for posterity. No problem.

Well it shouldn't have been. I thought he would just pull over when it happened and take the snap. Oh no.

As we passed through a village, he toots to indicate he going to turn round. As we have just seen some wall art, of which he is partial, I assume it is for that.

Rather than turn in the road, I take a turning where I can see a roundabout a few metres away, Sanch is turning back up the road.

I make it back to the road and head to the wall art. No sign of him. I ride a bit further. Still no sign. By now I'm thinking he's taken his photo and gone ahead of me. I don't catch him up, so then think he must be behind. I stop at a fuel station off the motorway and msg him. Just as I finish, I hear his exhaust note go by, so I give chase and we are re-united for the remaining miles to the hotel.

On reaching the hotel, the question was, how did we get separated? Turns out, the dozy bollix saw he was close to the 50k, so decided to turn around and cover the last mile or two on the wide road we were on and where he could pull over, rather than wait for it to just click over! Irish logic!


Bin art

No comments:

Post a Comment